Get A Quote
Improve Your Garden With Gates & Arbors
Wooden backyard gates have been a prominent feature of almost every backyard across the Greater Toronto Area. They are beautiful, strong, and long-lasting with proper care and maintenance. Double wooden gates are used to enclose driveways. Large spaces like ranches and farms also use double wooden gates for their animal enclosures.
Garden Arbors mark an entrance to a specific section of a garden or backyard. They provide shelter, shade, and privacy. They blend in beautifully with the landscape. They can also be used to support beautiful vines providing a picturesque entrance. They offer the perfect spot to take memorable pictures at family functions and get-togethers.
Let’s have a look at some aspects of wooden backyard gates and garden arbors.
Pros & Cons of Wooden Gates
- Wooden garden gates applied with water-resistant paint are more durable and last a long time. They don’t expand or contract in varying weather conditions and are functional at all times.
- Wooden garden gates can be painted with any colour and can have either a polished look or rustic finish.
- Wooden garden gates are made of thick wood, they don’t dent and crack easily. Massive impact like a tree trunk falling on the gate would cause damage. Luckily, this is not a common occurrence.
- Wooden garden gates are more affordable than wrought iron gates.
- Wooden garden gates require regular maintenance. They have to be treated with insect sprays to prevent rotting.
- Wooden garden gates have to repainted periodically to maintain their appearance.
What Are The Different Types of Wooden Gates?
Wooden gates can be used for many different purposes. They can be used for:
Driveways: Driveway wooden gates come in a lot of shapes and sizes. They are double wooden gates to accommodate the passage of vehicles.
Gardens and backyards: Wooden garden gates and wooden backyard gates come in a single format. A few examples are the Picket top wooden gate, Lattice top wooden gate, and Swan Neck wooden gate.
Mansions and estates: A wooden sliding gate is suitable for mansions and estates. It looks similar to a double wooden gate. But the two halves are bolted together.
Ranches and farms: Double wooden gates are used to enclose wide openings in ranches and farms. They are larger than other types of gates. They are available in varying styles.
How Much Does a Wooden Gate Cost?
A simple wooden gate costs between $125 and $630. A wooden gate with an elaborate design could cost upwards of $1500. Wooden gate installation costs around $25 to $75 per linear foot for a single gate and $60 to $150 per linear foot for a double gate.
Carpenters typically charge $45 to $95 to build a custom gate.
Pros & Cons of Garden Arbor
- Garden arbors are available in a greater variety of materials.
- Garden arbors add decoration to pathways in the garden.
- Garden arbors are economical to install.
- Garden arbors can easily fit in small spaces.
- Garden arbors are easy to install.
- They don’t support certain plants.
- They are more decorative and less practical.
- They can’t accommodate more than two people.
How Much Does a Garden Arbor Cost?
Material, size, and complexity determine the cost of garden arbors. Simple garden arbors are economical and can cost as little as $125 and as high as $600. Bigger and more complex garden arbors can cost up to $6000 or more. A high-end custom-made garden arbor would be the most expensive option.